Chateau de La Palisse. Tombeaux.
France, Moulin, mid-XIX century. Size 50 x 33 cm. the Sheet is worn and yellowed around the perimeter, has minor tears and losses; rare temporary spots; traces of moisture; in the lower right corner of the Congreve " P. A.Desrosters fils a Mouline. L`ancien Bourbonnais".
[La Palice castle is located in the commune of La Palice, in the Allier Department, about 25 km from Vichy.
The construction of the oldest part of the castle de La Palis began in the XI century. In the XIII century, the castle passed to Robert de Bourbon, the founder of the house of Bourbon. And in 1430, the castle was presented to the adviser and Chamberlain of Charles VII, Jacques de Chaban, whose descendants own the castle to this day. His grandson, Marshal of France Jacques II de Chaban, built the West wing in the early 16th century in red brick in the Renaissance style, connecting the castle with the 15th-century Gothic chapel where members of the de Chaban family are buried.
In the rooms of the castle are preserved the original furnishings. Rare 16th-century tapestries and a small gold anchor that Lord Nelson was wearing when he was mortally wounded at the battle of Trafalgar have survived. Of great interest is the carved wooden ceiling covered with gold leaf in the style of the early Italian Renaissance, in the library-a painting of the Veronese school.
Moulins (French: Moulins [mu. lɛ]) is a city in Central France, a Prefecture (administrative center) and the third largest city in the Allier Department. Historical capital of the Dukes of Bourbon and the former province of Bourbonnais. The name translates as "mills".]