Marzer was born in 1905 to a Hasidic family in a small town near Warsaw. He studied in the "cheder" and in the Beit Midrash.
Already in his youth he had shown affection for works of art.
In 1927, he began to practice copper casting around Jewish motifs, and in 1928-1929 he exhibited in Warsaw.
In 1930 he moved to Paris, where he studied the art of copper and varied his works, which included universal motifs. He was a member of the committee of the Association of Jewish Artists in Paris.
When France surrendered to Nazi Germany in June 1940, he fled to Free France, where he hid with his family in one of the villages.
After Nazi Germany took control of all of France, he fled to the area of Grenoble, which was under Italian occupation. From there he moved to Switzerland in 1943, where he was allowed to enter because his child was under six.
In Switzerland he published an album of graphic works on Jewish motifs. In 1945 he immigrated to Palestine on the "Lima".
As soon as he arrived, he began to exhibit his works.
During the War of Independence he became one of the first artists to settle in the Artists' Quarter in Safed.
Second edition, 1956